Cleaning a gas cooker is a task that no one wants to undertake. But, it’s necessary to prolong the life of your stove and keep it looking in peak condition. The build-up of dirt and grime over time can heavily impact how long you can use your stove and can even be a risk to your health and safety if left unchecked for too long.
In an effort to make the task of cleaning and maintaining your gas cooker easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of do’s and don’ts for you to look over before you start cleaning.
- Wait until the stovetop and burners have cooled down completely before you start cleaning.
- Make sure that you wipe the stovetop thoroughly after every use. This makes it easier to clean in the long run, as it prevents the build-up of grime and burnt food
- Take the burners apart and soak them in warm, soapy water, while scrubbing them clean with a soft sponge to avoid scratching the metal.
- If you’re struggling with a stubborn stain, make a paste of baking soda and water to make the job easier.
- Make sure you clean around the knobs and dials.
- Draw a basin full of clean water to rinse the parts thoroughly.
- Make sure you leave all the parts to dry properly before you reassemble the stove.
- Get rid of any food that has caked under the burners and on the stove top.
- If your burner holes have become clogged with food, you can clean them out with a pipe cleaner or pin but be gentle!
- Pour water directly over the stovetop. This can prevent the ignition from working when you want to use your stove again.
- Use wooden toothpicks or cocktail sticks to clean the burner holes. These can break off into the holes and clog them permanently, which will result in you needing to replace the entire stove.
- Spray cleaning liquid onto the control panel or dials. Instead, spray it onto a damp cloth or soft sponge to prevent wearing off the indicators on the dials.
Looking for More Tips?
Whether you’re on the hunt for a new gas cooker, or simply need some advice on how to maintain yours, Nexus is happy to help however we can. Our team of professional and friendly staff is available to provide you with the best advice depending on your needs and offer you excellent customer service every time you deal with them. Reach out to us today and find out how you can prolong the life of your gas stove.