As much as the word “Fit Fam” seems to be flying around these days, many people think it is for a weird group of people that only eat salads, fruits or vegetables. However you can be “fitfam” and still satisfy your sweet tooth or craving for fried foods – by choosing healthier alternatives. Here are 5 ways you can stay in shape without having to lose your taste:
- Beat the Hunger before it Comes: Ever experienced what is called “Sugar rush”? When we take sweets/sugar it comes with instant energy. This is because many times when we feel we crave sugar, we are actually just hungry. The smart thing to do, is minimise the sugar cravings by feeding on healthy snacks such as Brazil nuts, Hazel, Walnut, Almond, or cashew nuts before hunger sets in.
- Enjoy Fruit Smoothies: Can’t give up your love for frizzy drinks? Why not replace it with the fruity goodness of smoothies. Fruit smoothies are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fibre. It also a great way to prevent fruit from going to waste. All you need is a blender, your preferred fruit(s) and a base, such as water, milk or yogurt.
- Keep it Creamy But Healthy: Another way to satisfy your sweet tooth is with home-made ice cream. You can cut frozen bananas into chunks, add to your Nexus blender, add cinnamon, vanilla or a teaspoon of almond butter and enjoy.
- Keep it Steamy with Hot Cocoa: Why not satisfy your sugar craving with a cup of hot homemade cocoa. It’s quite easy to make. All you need is some spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, add a little honey, to a splash of vanilla for flavour. Cocoa powder is rich in flavonoids, and the milk content is good for calcium needs.
- Indulge with an Air Fryer: Having a hard time letting go of fatty foods, but still want to lose that weight or keep that body? With the Nexus airfryer, you can eat healthy without giving up the taste and feel of your favourite foods. More so, you feel less guilty because you are frying with little or no oil. Whether it’s French fries, muffins, chips, chicken tenders or grilled vegetables, an air fryer can help you indulge your favourite foods in a healthy way.