The month of Ramadan is known for one important thing – Fasting. Muslims from all over the world abstain from food and drink from dawn until dusk. Although, one cannot deny the spiritual benefits of this practice, fasting also has immense health benefits such as improvement in cholesterol levels, blood pressure and reduced risk of diabetes. So if you completed the 30-day fast, high five!
For a job well done, you deserve to reward yourself. This is a good way to also keep yourself motivated in the future. We have compiled 5 simple things you can do to make this celebration a special one for you and your loved ones:
- Stay Hydrated: Yes we know all that you can think of right now is how to stuff your belly with food. But don’t forget to you to drink plenty of water. Your body is 60% water, so drinking at least half of your body weight in litres of water per day is a good rule of thumb whether the you’re fasting or not. Water also helps maintain the balance of body fluids needed for digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients etc. Having a water dispenser and possibly your own fancy water bottle, helps you remember to drink water all day, even as you celebrate.
- Get a Blender that Has a Grinder: In the spirit of celebration, it is expected that there would be lots to eat and drink. For the budget-conscious, a blender that has a grinder can serve as a Juicer and Grinder. On one hand it effortlessly blends fruits, whips cocktails and smooth milk shakes with its stainless steel cutting blades, and on the other, it can grind beans, seeds and spices needed to prepare tasty meals.
- Do More With a Grill Microwave: Festive periods mean you have to cater to a larger number of people. In addition to performing general microwave cooking tasks, a grill microwave is ideal for frozen food that you want to grill, as the microwave will help defrost the inside of the food while the grill browns the outside. And when you’re in a mood to give everyone a special treat, grill microwaves are also great for cooking pizzas!
- Save Cooking Time with the Multipurpose Gas Cooker: When there are more mouths to feed, you need more than one burner to be able to prepare all your meals in good time. What you need is a Nexus gas (4 +2) cooker, so you can save cooking time and get the best value for your money. Whether it’s jollof rice or a unique intercontinental recipe, be sure that the Nexus cookers would bring the best to your cooking.
- CHILL IT UP: What’s a feast without cold drinks to go round? Nexus freezers and refrigerators bring the power of cool to your drinks and when there is leftover food, be sure that all the freshness would be locked in for as long as you want.
- Party Time: Now that all is set, it’s time to party! You have more than a million reasons to celebrate life, love, peace and everything in between. Step out and celebrate in style. Like a popular saying goes, you only live once.
We wish you all Eid Mubarak and a happy holidays. Keep it classy with your Nexus appliances